Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm really sorry...

Another day, another apology for making a mistake. This time it's Michael Phelps. No need to belabor his accomplishments in the pool, but please. I've read the stories, perused numerous forum and blogs, and, frankly, I've come to the conclusion that all these role models are really sorry for is getting caught. And, frankly, I just wish they would say that--"You know, gee, well, uh, I'm really sorry that I got caught. I mean, uh, I really intended to (enter whatever you want. I'm sure anything will fit!) and now that I got caught, well, uh, I'm sorry that I have to waste my and your time apologizing." Today it was smoking pot. Last week and a couple of weeks ago, it was not paying taxes! What will it be tomorrow, for there will be a tomorrow! I guess I'm just tired of the spin and the fake apologies. Well maybe that's not exactly the right word--fake--but I don't believe them. Time IS the true test of all things. We'll see what happens with role models out of their elements and political figures suddenly having a-ha! moments.

Be informed. Ask questions. Accept as fact that which you don't research at your own peril. God bless America!

No comments: